Doc Ward has generously offered to donate his personal bottles and host a Scotch tasting demonstrating the differences between five regions of Scottish whisky. This event is free to members, and will include the following pours:
- Campbeltown – Glen Scotia 10 Year
- Highlands – Glendronach 12 Year
- Islay – Laphraoig Quarter Cask
- Lowlands – Auchentoshan 12 Year
- Speyside – Glenfiddich 12 Year
What: Five Regions Scotch Tasting
When: Thursday, November 4th from 6:30-9:00 p.m.
Cost: Free to members
Food and water will be provided. Please indicate if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions. Donations to the Catholic Charities of Lexington is appreciated.
Four Roses Master Distiller Brent Elliott and Gretchen Young (widow of Senior Four Roses Brand Ambassador Al Young) will join us again to raise funds for the Al Young Fund.
– all 10 single barrel – barrel strength expressions
– 4 teams of two (1 getting an additional teammate…)
– each team receives 3 ounces from each single barrel
– teams have 1 hour to create their own small batch using a minimum of 3 of the 10 recipes to submit for judging
– 4 judges will blind taste each entry, each ranking them 1-4, and determining a winner using a point system (each 1st place vote = 4 points, 2nd = 3 points, etc., with most points winning)
An online auction is live now and will end Saturday, November 6th at 3 pm. High bidder at that time will name their teammate as well as win a third teammate… Four Roses Master Distiller Brent Elliott!! The next three high bidders will secure a team and will name a teammate.
Non-participating attendees will enjoy a Four Roses cocktail and pours of the 10 Single Barrels, Small Batch, and Select while teams are creating their entry for judges scoring.
After judging, but prior to learning the winner, each team will present their small batch recipe and rationale for selecting those amounts of those recipes.
After the winning recipe is revealed, all present will share in sampling the entries and remaining single barrels.
Light hors d’oeuvres will be served. $10 per non-drinking spectator, $25 per drinking spectator. Live and silent auction items will be announced over the next couple of weeks….